- The teaching gardens established in the Lebanon School District are a product of multiple organizations joining efforts to educate our counties youth of the importance and knowledge of gardening. Students received lessons from the American Heart Association sponsored by Bayer.
- This initiative convenes citizens of Lebanon County for regular mall walking groups. These groups have created maps and designated days in the mall for all types of walking. This group is suitable for all ages and always welcoming new members. Download the full brochure here.
Healthy Food Access
Farm to Table Demo
- A farm to table demonstration was held at the Lebanon Farmers Market in collaboration with Wellspan and the American Heart Association. These groups collaborated together to pull off a sold out, FREE, event.
Food Access Brochure
- The Healthy Food Access team joined forces to create a brochure with information on where and how to received free food and meals across the county for those in low income populations. This brochure was distributed at the 2017 Better Together 2nd Annual Summit and other organization who serve low income populations.
Advertise Healthy Food at Lebanon County Fair
- In July 2017, the healthy food access team provided free advertising materials to the Lebanon County Fair to promote fair goers to encourage healthier food consumption behavior. The promotional materials endorsed water, veggie cups, and mixed fruit.