Wellness Wednesday is about making the healthy choice the easy choice. Small wins add up. Use every day activities as an opportunity to make a healthy choice.
- Take the stairs.
- Fill up on water.
- Park further away.
- Stretch and move during commercial breaks/children’s activities.
- Schedule an activity date.
- Check local resources for free or inexpensive programs.
- Complete our Wellness Bingo by July 1st, 2019 to win a prize.
Click to learn more about the current physical activity guidelines.
- Schedule walking meetings/lunch breaks.
- Share healthy recipes.
- Complete 2-3 desk exercises every hour.
- Pack your lunch.
- Skip the drive thru (banks, pharmacy, food).
- Cook dinner at home.
- Tips to help you exercise more and get active
- 10 tips for combining good nutrition and physical activity
- 30 MyPlate steps to a healthier you
- Add a stretch break to your morning announcements.
- Use energizers throughout the school day to improve student performance.
- Reinvent healthy foods at breakfast/lunch.